Blam - a simplistic feed reader
Download stable (1.8.11):
Bugs and patches:
Bugs should be reported at GNOME's bugzilla
product "blam"). Patches should be added to the relevant bug. If
there is no bug that applies you should open a new one. If you do
attach a patch, please use the output of
. That way I can import the patch and give
attribution much more easily. A pointer to a public git repository
with a topic branch gets you brownie points.
Here is the compulsory screenshot:
New in Blam 1.8.11
- Drop NDesk and use Freedesktop's D-Bus library
- Drop gnome-sharp as a depedency (Bug
- Save settings correctly on first use (Bug
- Don't crash if a feed is drag-and-dropped after the last entry (Bug
- Change the default theme to 'planet'
- Remove outdated default feeds
- Allow disabling notifications and D-Bus on build-time
- Compare publish and update times for sorting
- Add OPML filter for import dialog (FLORET Régis)
- Add binding for 'j' to move to the next item
- Updated translations (cs, da, de, el, eo, es, et, eu, fr, gl, hu,
id, ja, lt, lv, pl, pt_BR, ro, ru, sl, sr, sv, vi)
New in Blam 1.8.9
- Use dbus-sharp if available
This release is very minor and has problems with actually selecting
the right dbus variant, so an update isn't much to anybody.
New in Blam 1.8.8
- Translation updates (thanks to the GNOME translation team)
- Show the time of next update (Bug 164513)
- Work with some webkit changes
- Show a notification with the number of unread items at the end of an update
New in Blam 1.8.7
- Context menu on the tray icon.
- Support channel groups (1-deep (for now) folders). (Bug 166468)
- Move channels into, out of, and between groups with Drag-and-Drop.
- Fix the bug which sometimes lost your channel data. (Bug 346553)
- Make a distinction between old and new unread entries.
- Use icons to make the above distriction. (Bug 156226)
- Mark an entry read if needed when we update a feed and the item has
already been read in another feed. (Bug 149154)
- Install the debug symbols, since it doesn't take much space.
New in Blam 1.8.6
- Use WebKit instead of Gecko as the rendering engine. Many thanks to Alp Toker for this.
- Printing finally works.
- Use the RSSFeed library instead of RSS.NET.
- No more crashes whilst updating feeds. (see? that's positive thinking :)
- No crashes when the clipboard is empty.
- The feed name column resizes when a name is shortened.
- The read/unread posts column is aligned to the right. (Bug#321344)
- The feed name is ellipsized when needed. (Bug#153566)
- Register with the GNOME session (this means it will get restarted if it was running when
you logged out if you chose that option).
- Add option to refresh all feeds on startup. (Bug#344853)
- Add option to mark all posts as read.
- Right-click menu to copy the link's address or open in in the browser. (Bug#155374)
New in Blam 1.8.5
- Use NDesk's D-Bus library.
- Upated translations thanks to the wonderful GNOME translation team.
- Proper use of the new icons.
- Mark entries read after a timeout.
- Always show the tray icon.
- Minimise to the system tray when ESC is pressed or the window is closed with the X button.
- Check to see if the clipboard contains a valid URL before pasting it.
- Use a nicer file selection dialog.
New in Blam 1.8.4
- HTTP authentication.
- Ignoring SSL certificate errors (upon request).
- Partial support for Atom 1.0.
- Open links with target="_blank".
- Relative links work.
- Theme setting (and the program) works for first-time users (broken in previous release).
- RSS feeds with <content:encoded> work.
- The clipboard's content appears as the feed's address by default.
- Appear with the name 'blam' in process listings.
Generated at 2013-03-27 10:42:02 +0100